ADSM-L

Re: adsm and sams:vantage

1998-05-14 10:08:48
Subject: Re: adsm and sams:vantage
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:08:48 -0500
Tony:

Yes, I jumped out on the web for the info they have on their site, and the
down-loadable demo was somewhat informative (how much could they give away
if they really want to do site visits as they did with you folks?). They're
really pushing hard to show that they are able to bring all the data ADSM
pumps out under one GUI (and that appealed to me), but, in the same light,
IBM's Tivoli has been singing their own praises for roughly the same thing
--- and I have yet to see it with the TME10 product. I just didn't want to
get excited about the product only to find that I have 4 months of
get excited about the product only to find that I have 4 months of
full-time data entry and environment tuning to bring it into any level of
usefulness.

Thanks for the info though.

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

"Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM> on 05/13/98 06:26:43 PM