ADSM-L

Re: The difference between -INACTIVE/-LATEST

1998-05-13 04:37:57
Subject: Re: The difference between -INACTIVE/-LATEST
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:37:57 +0200
Stephan,

as the manual says, -ina option instructs ADSM to restore an inactive
backup if an active one is not available.
So, in your case, you will get the active one if it exists.

In this case, -latest and -ina will give the same result.

Therefore I would recommend to always code the -pick option with -ina,
so you can choose which inactive backup you want to restore.

René Lambelet - (3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestlé - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com