ADSM-L

restores on unix systems ( owners of directories and permissions

1998-05-12 16:04:32
Subject: restores on unix systems ( owners of directories and permissions
From: Thomas R Rhodes <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 14:04:32 -0600
We are running and MVS server ( 2.1 level 13) and backing up unix systems.

 When we restore a whole file system or directory with sub-directories
when logged on as root then the owner of all sub-directories is root and
permissions on some are changed.  we have been using the GUI interface and
just putting in the file system or directory and then selecting all to
restore.   Has anyone else seen the problem and if so how do you get the
directories to restore with the right owner.

 Thanks for any help.