ADSM-L

ADSM V3.1 PTF IP21354

1998-05-11 16:26:28
Subject: ADSM V3.1 PTF IP21354
From: Al Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:26:28 -0600
Hello, I applied PTF IP21354 to my Solaris 2.6 V3.1.1.0 server. The pkgadd
went ok. BUT, the devices that were created by add_drv on the initial
install no longer point to anything!!? So /dev/rmt/4lb, which defined the
tape library, no longer works. I tried a boot -r with no luck. Prior to
applying the patch, I could do a DEFINE LIBRARY to /dev/rmt/4lb. It would
blow up, but now it doesn't even find the device anymore. Is this a feature
of the patch? What kind of support is this? Anybody else run across this
situation?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources