ADSM-L

Retrieving data

1998-05-11 12:05:12
Subject: Retrieving data
From: "Talbot, Adrian" <Adrian.Talbot AT JET DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 17:05:12 +0100
I have an NT client V3, R1, L 0.1 connecting to a V2, R1, L0.12 server
running on MVS and have archived a quantity of data.  I find it
impossible to retrieve any of the data from the server.

I cannot open the drive in the left hand pane of the retrieve window.  I
occasionally get "TCP/IP error" messages and the ADSM client package
crashes.

Should I ask my IBM administrator colleagues to upgrade their server to
the latest version?  Are there any other incompatibilities caused by
running dissimilar ADSM client and server versions?

Regards

Adrian Talbot
JET Joint Undertaking
Abingdon