ADSM-L

Solaris schedule deamon problem

1998-05-11 09:53:15
Subject: Solaris schedule deamon problem
From: Michael Richard <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:53:15 EST
     I am testing the ADSM Ver.3 for Solaris 2.6 and it seems to be working
     fine except for the schedule deamon. I have schedmode set to prompted.
     When I start the schedule deamon with    dsmc sch     and let it run
     in the fore ground it is fine. server contacts and start and does the
     backup. When I try to run it in backgrund with    dsmc sch &     it
     says started and then just before I get my prompt back on the screen
     it says     ######(process number)  stopped   .   Then is do a ps -ef
     and see it still running even five minutes later. I then try to have
     the server contact the machine for a backup and get failed un able to
     contact machine. So I then do a kill -9 ###### and start it in the
     foreground again and all is well. Any Ideas?

     Sorry I have passwordaccess generate
                  schedmode      prompted
           It is for Solaris 2.6 running latest client ADSM ver. 3
           Server is RISC 6000 AIX 4.1.4 and latest server version 3