ADSM-L

ADSM and Backint - Archive versions?

1998-05-08 16:11:41
Subject: ADSM and Backint - Archive versions?
From: "Lynch, Rich" <Lynch.Rich AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 15:11:41 -0500
I'm running out of storage pool tapes and I think its because my
management class properties for my archive copy groups are improperly
configured.
 In my init<SID>.utl file I have MAX_VERSIONS set to 9 - So I keep 9
full copies of my PRD database, right? (I do full online backups
nightly, and once a week I do a full off-line backup) My Length of Time
to keep archive versions is set to 30. Does this mean that we keep each
version of my database copy for 30 days. I dont need to keep each
database copy version for 30 days, thats way to long for DR strategy.
What do "you" other SAP/Backint/ADSM people do. Any comments/suggestions
would be appreciated.