ADSM-L

AIX 4.2.1// ADSM 3.2.1.2// MAGSTAR CONFIG

1998-05-07 14:11:06
Subject: AIX 4.2.1// ADSM 3.2.1.2// MAGSTAR CONFIG
From: George Hagopian <GHagopian AT KRMS01.KRMEDIASTREAM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:11:06 -0400
hi

First time writer long time reader

Question...

I have a Magstar 3575 L06 w/ 2 3570 B1A tape drives and no matter what
we do, we cannot get ADSM to define automated drives. We have been able
to get the automated library setup (at least we think we do).

The IBM RS6000 does acknowledges the library and tape drives. We
currently have an IBM 7331 library for our current backups, this will
eventually be moved to another system. Those tape drives are rmt0/rmt1
on a separate bus. The 3575 is on another bus and is rmt2/rmt3.
We created mt0 for rmt2 and mt1 for rmt3. We tried making rmt2/3 into a
defined state but got no results. So we brought them back to an
available state and created only one drive through adsm mt0 for rmt2
still no results.

We have not been able to get an actual element address if that is a
factor.
When we try to config the define the drive we get
DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive DRIVE01.

DRIVE01 is the drivename.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks