ADSM-L

Re: Jump Ball...........

1998-05-07 12:51:55
Subject: Re: Jump Ball...........
From: Shelby Beach <dcal20 AT SBEACH.TEALE.CA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 09:51:55 -0700
>A question for any one who is currently using a 3590 A50 controller tape
>system  in a MVS/SP6000 system set up.

>We are looking into purchasing  a 3590 Silo tape system, but have been
>told that we will not be able to connect it to both operating system.

>Is anyone connected to both operating system(MVS/SP6000) ???

Tony,

We aren't doing this but I'm pretty sure it's possible since IBM published
a Redbook on the subject. I read it sometime ago when I was consulting at
another account, and I think it will tell you exactly how to go about it.
The manual you want is SG24-4409-02 Guide to Sharing and Partitioning IBM
Tape Library Data. It's available on the WEB at www.redbooks.ibm.com;
simply search on SG24-4409 to find it.

Shelby
--