ADSM-L

Reinstalling ADSM 3.1 Server on NT

1998-05-05 20:30:47
Subject: Reinstalling ADSM 3.1 Server on NT
From: Paul Szilard <pszilard AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 20:30:47 -0400
I have placed this in the VM ADSM FORUM, but got no response. I would very
much appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks in advance,

I am trying to reinstall ADSM v3.1 on an NT 4 Server (Serv pk3).
ADSM was previously installed, then the ADSM Uninstall option was
used to remove it. The SETUP.EXE loads the install shield which just
quits when it reaches the 100% mark of its own load. No error messages
are shown - just goes back to the prompt.

I have previously ran ADSM Uninstall with the Automatic - do not ask
  for prompts , option.
After rebooting I manually removed all of the ADSM tree that was left
  behind by the Uninstall.
I have removed all entries in REGEDIT and re-booted, but still the
  install shield just quits. The very same CD and SETUP installed ok
  on another NT Server (in the same rack!)

I am using the current DemoPkg CD for ADSM 3.1

Thanks,
Paul Szilard
IBM Global Services  Australia,
Multi Media Centre -  Networks Project Manager
INTERNET: pszilard @ au1.ibm.com
IBM internal: PSZILARD@IBMAU