ADSM-L

ADSM-Server utilities under AIX (MTTEST) for drives

1998-05-05 10:19:51
Subject: ADSM-Server utilities under AIX (MTTEST) for drives
From: Michael Garnebode <michael.garnebode AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:19:51 +0200
Hi ADSMer,

we have some problems with our DLT7000 drives.
I have installed a ADSM-Base-Version 2.1.5.15 and after this
a Enhanced-ADSM-Version 2.1.5.15 with STK support.

The configuration runs and we have every day a backup but we have some
problems with I/O-Errors on labes or EOT and the data transferrate of
the drives

The AIX drivers for the DLT7000 are OMI AdvanTAPE - Quantum DLT7000
When i start the mttest application and do a selction of
46 or 48 then i see some scrabled definitions

When i installed the ADSM-SCSI-MT scsi     ADSM Tape Drive under AIX
there are the right variables with the right capacity and the right
tapeformat (DLTIV)

1. What are the differents between these drivers ?
2. Is that a indication of a 8 bit connection ?

Have anybody a idea what we happend ?

Michael Garnebode