ADSM-L

Re: Moving from 2.1.0.18 to 2.1.5.18

1998-05-01 15:02:52
Subject: Re: Moving from 2.1.0.18 to 2.1.5.18
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 12:02:52 -0700
I think that it is possible to simply copy things, however, I
believe that the experience you gain in doing the backup DB and
restore DB is well worth it. Trying to copy all of the files can
be a tedious process if you forget or don't realize dependencies
that ADSM has, and any mistake can lead you to the backup/restore
option anyway.

 -- Tom

"It's a dog eat dog world,                Thomas A. La Porte
 and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."     DreamWorks SKG
              - Norm Peterson             <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>