ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT backup client: disaster recovery

1998-04-30 07:37:40
Subject: Re: ADSM NT backup client: disaster recovery
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:37:40 GMT
Replying to: Cecile Berube <cberube2 AT AIRCANADA DOT CA> (Tue, 28 Apr 1998
16:36:57 -0400)

>Once installed Windows NT and the ADSM backup agent, I selected the drive
>label NTServer_C to restore. The inactive directories/files appear selected
>and even if I select the Point in Time option, it restores all old "does
>not exist anymore" files on the NT drive!
>The documentation even stipulates that ADSM is notified when files are
>deleted
>from a client filespace during incremental backup, but files that were
>deleted from a client filespace between two incremental backups are
>restored during a point-in-time
>restore. Even better, -> "Even if an object has an active backup from a
>later date, the previous inactive copy is returned!"
>How can we return NT to its normal most recent state, without the
>"inactive" "dead"! files?
>and without being overwritten by older versions and having to de-selet the
>incative files?

Well, usualy you just have to issue a "dsmc restore". If you are using the
GUI interface, do not choose the "active/inactive" option (and this is the
default). This way you will only get active files, which are the files that
existed on the client at the date of the last backup.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,