ADSM-L

SQL ConnectAgent for NT

1998-04-30 06:21:50
Subject: SQL ConnectAgent for NT
From: "Phil.Chissell" <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:21:50 +0100
I have been playing around with the security options for the SQL Server
ConnectAgent.

Our SQL Server is NOT configured for integrated or mixed security.  It is
running standard security (as confirmed by our SQL DBA).

However when I run with the GUI under an administrative account, I can use the
trusted security option to backup the SQL databases.

This is further demonstrated when I run the ADSM SQL scheduler service under an
administrative user, specifying the "/sqlsecure" option to backup the SQL
databases.  This again works OK.

Have I encountered a bug or is this expected behaviour.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards

Phil