ADSM-L

Re: DOS scheduler

1998-04-29 07:48:58
Subject: Re: DOS scheduler
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:48:58 -0400
John,

     Yes - it probably does slow down their pc to some degree, but I don't think
it should be that noticeable.  Do you have them set the scheduling service so
that
it automatically restarts on reboot?  This is how we usually set them up.
Also - are they using 'passwordaccess generate' in their options files?  I'm
wondering if they are hanging on backup because ADSM is prompting for a
password?
Ask them to send you a copy of their dsm.error and dsm.schedlog.  Maybe you can
get some information on what kind of messages they're getting on initiation of a
scheduled backup.

     Also - we run all of our schedules as client-polled, not server-prompted.
We
did have some type of problem with the server-prompted mode in the past, but I
can't remember exactly what it was.  Let me know if you don't get it cleared up,
and I'll talk to Bruce about it.  Hope this helps,

                              Ginny

P.S. Jim Boyle and I were down in Gaithersburg last Tuesday-Friday.  We talked
about sending you a note to meet us for dinner in DC, but we were so burned out
after class every day that we never trekked in to the city.