ADSM-L

AIT tape drives vs DLT vs Magstar MP

1998-04-29 03:03:05
Subject: AIT tape drives vs DLT vs Magstar MP
From: "Jay P. Weidner" <jpw AT VETMED.WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 00:03:05 -0700
I have recently talked with a person who had used DLT drives for several
years with ADSM.  More recently he has switched to Sony's new AIT
(Advanced Intelligent Tape) drive in a Qualstar library.  He highly
recommends the new AIT drives instead of DLT.

I'd like to know of others experiences with AIT drives in general and
particularly with ADSM.  It would be particularly useful to hear from
anyone who has had experience with AIT vs DLT and/or AIT vs IBM's Magstar
MP 3570 drives.

Jay P. Weidner
College of Veterinary Medicine
Washington State University