ADSM-L

ADSM NT backup client: disaster recovery

1998-04-28 16:36:57
Subject: ADSM NT backup client: disaster recovery
From: Cecile Berube <cberube2 AT AIRCANADA DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:36:57 -0400
Once installed Windows NT and the ADSM backup agent, I selected the drive
label NTServer_C to restore. The inactive directories/files appear selected
and even if I select the Point in Time option, it restores all old "does
not exist anymore" files on the NT drive!
The documentation even stipulates that ADSM is notified when files are
deleted
from a client filespace during incremental backup, but files that were
deleted from a client filespace between two incremental backups are
restored during a point-in-time
restore. Even better, -> "Even if an object has an active backup from a
later date, the previous inactive copy is returned!"
How can we return NT to its normal most recent state, without the
"inactive" "dead"! files?
and without being overwritten by older versions and having to de-selet the
incative files?
Thanks in advance!
cberube2 AT aircanada DOT ca