ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT on Compaq w 18.1GB drives

1998-04-28 11:50:07
Subject: Re: ADSM NT on Compaq w 18.1GB drives
From: Kelly Root <kroot1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:50:07 -0500
I was WRONG. ADSM does recogonize the 18.1GB as 18.1GB.
SORRY IBM.....
I'm not exactly sure what happened the first time. But since the backups
that I had ran were only tests. I deleted the filespaces and storage pool
volumes from ADSM. Then deleted the actual files in NT. Then started over.
The second time I was able to define 68GB of storage space to ADSM.
 I use a bat file:
dsmfmt -data e:\adsm\stgbk001.dsm 2000
etc...
and the first time this bat file did not run properly all the way thru and
I restarted it. (Guess I should have reformatted and
restarted at that point).  I could not see any extra files in NT Explorer
but I'm some how NT must have thought they were
there. Then in ADSM I run a macro
def vol backuppool e:\adsm\stgbk001.dsm

Like I said the second time was charm. Worked exactly the way it was
suppose to.

Kelly Root
I/T Analyst,SR
LAN Support