ADSM-L

3570 will not mount scratch tapes

1998-04-23 19:01:24
Subject: 3570 will not mount scratch tapes
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:01:24 -0500
ADSMers,

I have a 3570 which will not mount scratch tapes.  It had been working
fine until last Thursday.  Then each time a scratch tape is requested
ADSM writes this error message:

        ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/rmt1, error number=47.

We get the error on both rmt1 and rmt2.  It will mount and read/write
data tapes.  We've had a CE check out the hardware.  Yesterday, my
colleague spent 5 hours with ADSM support.  The support person thinks
it's a hardware problem.   But I'm not so sure, since it can read/write
data tapes.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

--
Ray Pratts
Ray Pratts