ADSM-L

Bug or Feature?

1998-04-23 10:50:07
Subject: Bug or Feature?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:50:07 -0400
Date:     April 23, 1998           Time: 9:56 AM
From:     Jerry Lawson
          The Hartford Insurance Group
(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
Mostly by accident, I have discovered a couple of helpful features using the
Mostly by accident, I have discovered a couple of helpful features using the
V3 admin command line client on NT 4.0

PF8 - brings back the previous command.....

PF7 - Brings us a window with the commands entered in this session.  You can
pick from the list...

Also, If I enter a couple of characters of a command I have already entered,
and then hit PF8,  The command is completed with the remaining information
from the last time I entered this command.

OK - so what's my problem?  When I try doing the same things on a Win95
machine, running the same level of the client code (V3, Level 3), None of
this works.  Both PF7 and PF8 yield no response, only PF3 seems to work (with
a "return").

So - is the Win95 response a "bug" or a "feature"?

                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry