ADSM-L

Re: adsm agent msexch and backupexec

1998-04-23 10:39:44
Subject: Re: adsm agent msexch and backupexec
From: jalarson <jalarson AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:39:44 -0600
Len,
        It depends on the type of backups performed.  Keep in mind, that
full and incremental backups with either product will delete the log files
for committed transactions after the backup is complete.  Copy or
differential backups will not purge the log files after the backup
completes.  If it was me, I would continue running my BackupExec procedures
as they are and use the "copy" and "differential" backups on the new
ADSMConnect agent until you are confident with the product.
        I would also make sure the two produts are not backing up at the
same time.

Jim Larson
LAN Services
Micron Technology, Inc.