ADSM-L

WDSF --> ADSM VM conversion guide.

1998-04-23 10:28:01
Subject: WDSF --> ADSM VM conversion guide.
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:28:01 EDT
There are instructions for WDSF to ADSM conversion outlined in the
Release 1 Administrator's Guide. There is also a database conversion
exec supplied with version 1 (DBCNVT). I have the version 1
documentation and could probably scrounge the exec.

I did the conversion a long time ago - time consuming, but not
painful. I had more issues with the drastic changes in policies
and administration.

Bottom line, I think you have to go from WDSF to ADSM v1 to ADSM v2.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University
Hi,
Hi,

I was reading through a few of the ADSM-L archives today in search of
postings regarding experience with converting from VM WDSF to ADSM. A few
postings mentioned a "WDSF conversion guide". I haven't been able to find
one and the
ADSM version 2 for VM we received didn't include any such documentation.
Anyone out there know where I can get one? Anyone out there care to share
their
experiences?