ADSM-L

Re[4]: Copy tapes

1998-04-23 07:18:19
Subject: Re[4]: Copy tapes
From: Michael Hartmann <Michael_Hartmann AT TRINKAUS DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:18:19 +0100
Hello!

Yes, reclamation of a copy storage pool is no problem. It will start
automatically if
you set the reclamation threshold less than 100%. After the reclamation of
an offsite
copy tape the status of this tape changes to pending. After the reuse dealy
 period
(defined in the properties of the copy storage pool) for this volume has
elapsed its
status changes to empty. You can now scratch the tape from the storage pool

by setting the volume access  mode from offsite to anavailable.

Regards
Michael

-----
-----
Michael Hartmann
Michael Hartmann
Trinkaus & Burkhardt
Koenigsallee 21-23     40212 Duesseldorf    Germany
Phone: ++49 +211-910 2364
Email: michael_hartmann AT trinkaus DOT de
-----
-----
>Janie, tapes should reclaim just fine for your copy storage pools.
>Janie, tapes should reclaim just fine for your copy storage pools.
>You just can't do it with MOVE DATA, it should happen automatically with
the
>RECLAIM process
>If your copy storage pool tapes are still on site, when a tapes hits the
>reclaim threshold, ADSM will start mounting the tapes automatically and
>doing a reclaim.  Once all the data has been copied to a new tape, the
>reclaimed tape will be returned to scratch.
>If your copy storage pools tapes are offsite, when a tape hits the reclaim
>threshold, ADSM will mount the appropriate tapes from the PRIMARY pool and
>start to rebuild the data onto a new copy pool tape.  And the offsite tape
>being reclaimed will go back to scratch.
>Something else is wrong if you have a copy pool set up, but no reclaims
are
>happening.
>1) are your PRIMARY tapes being recliamed OK?
>2) What is the RECLAIM threshold for your copy storage pool?
>(To find out, display the PROPERTIES for the copy storage pool.  Or if you
>prefere the command line, enter the command:  q stgpool  POOLNAME f=d
Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu
"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert

                                         _____
 Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit Trinkaus & Burkhardt via E-Mail dient
ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen
duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with Trinkaus & Burkhardt via e-mail is only for information
purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding
communications.