ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Mail servers

1998-04-22 11:53:06
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Mail servers
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:53:06 -0500
Julie:

We implemented the connect agent along with the BA client simultaneously
here on 4 Notes server (we still have 3 more to go). Although I don't have
a before and after picture of backup vs. connect agent times, after the
initial backup was completed, the average backup time for the connect agent
is approx. 1 hour per machine (sometime less, sometimes more, depending on
the day of the week); the backup client runs in less than 15 minutes or so
per machine. It took a couple of days to get the dsm.opt file tuned to
exclude the notes side for the backup client, and exclude the OS and
associated files on the connect agent side.

I CAN compare this to the previous method of Notes server backups however,
which was going directly to DLT on a locally attached drive: 18 to 25 hours
daily. The installation of ADSM has made this scenario go away entirely.

Good luck!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> on 04/21/98 10:02:34 PM