ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log filling fast

1998-04-22 11:17:13
Subject: Re: Recovery Log filling fast
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:17:13 +0100
Gerhard,

I have seen a situatuion where the recovery log was filling rapidly  (1
or 2 % every 2 or 3 mins) caused by a client backing up thousands of
small files, causing database entries to be generated quicker than they
can be commited (The explanation I was given, anyway) It may be worth
looking at this.

Matthew Warren.
HOIST - Head Office Infrastructure Support Team.
ADSM (FAB) + Unix support.
        Marks & Spencer Plc.
        Baker Street.
        London.
Email: matthew.warren AT marks-and-spencer DOT com