ADSM-L

Hung Server

1998-04-22 09:30:27
Subject: Hung Server
From: "Smith, Richard" <smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:30:27 -0500
ADSMer's,

        Let's get the technical info out of the way:

Server: OS/390 V3 R1
Clients: NT 4.0, Novell 3.x, 4.x, V3 R1

        I need some help with a problem we had last night.  I saw a post
similar to my problem, and was wondering what the outcome was.  Last
night when the backups starting running, the clients established
sessions with the server.  It appeared that even though the sessions
were established, no tapes were being written to.  As more and more
schedules kicked off, more sessions started until we hit our Maxsessions
threshold.  We tried to cancel the sessions, but that did not work.  We
had to bring the ADSM server down and back up, and bounce all the
Services and Schedulers.  The backups ran fine after that.  We did not
see any error messages at all???  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rick Smith
Maritz, Inc.
Storage & Security Administration