ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Good morning, Francis -

This piece of information was on this list a while back.  It sounds like it
would work for what you're trying to accomplish.

I found it useful because it explains very clearly how to get two NT
services
going at the same time which is what I needed to do - it does work.

Hope this helps.

 Several folks asked how to run multple services, each running a different
dsm.opt and possibly going to different ADSM servers.

This is pretty easy:
1: Stop all ADSM services, create the options files you will want to use
for each service.

2: Use DSMCSVCI to install a service and repeat this as often as desired.
Just use the same node to the same server at this point, obviously, the
services must be named different.  At this point, each service is
identical, except for the service name.

3: Update the registry entries using a registry editor.  Goto
System\CurrentControlSet\Services.  Each of the services you installed
should be shown there and have a parameters key.  Under this key there are
entries for the options files as well as others.  Point to options files
you have already created with the different entries.

3: Run DSMCSVCI again, and update the services as required.  For example, I
run 2 services to the same ADSM server with different node names.  I update
one of the services to change the nodename and password.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/20/98 03:35:26 AM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET