ADSM-L

Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB

1998-04-17 09:07:08
Subject: Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:07:08 GMT
Replying to: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM> (Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:17:07
-0700)
Hi David,
Hi David,

>I defined a logical volume, adsmp1, to be 537 PPs in a 8mb/PP volume group.
>I then defined that logical volume as a storage volume to ADSM as follows:
>define vol spacemgpool /dev/radsmp1
>The definition completes successfully, but when I query the storage pool or
>query vols for the storage pool, it only shows as 200mb estimated capacity.
>Does anybody know what's going on?

I notice a strange coincidence:

You have defined a 4296mb logical volume, which is 4gb plus 200mb. ADSM only
"sees" 200mb. It could be that the 200mb estcap adsm is reporting is the
"overflow" of a 32bit variable.

Have you tried filling up this stgpool?

--
Rui Malheiro,