ADSM-L

Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB

1998-04-16 22:41:55
Subject: Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:41:55 +0800
My understanding is that each DASD volume is a maximum of 2GB in size.
Not a real problem just create more volumes.  ADSM spreads the data
appropriately.  We are using V3.1 on AIX 4.2.1 and the situation is the
same.  You can create the logical volume to be the full 4.5 GB and then
create several DASD ADSM volumes.

Regards,
Simon