ADSM-L

Re: NT SQL Connect Agent

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Subject: Re: NT SQL Connect Agent
From: Chris Zaremba[SMTP:zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Phil,

>Passwordaccess is set to generate for both the ADSM client and SQL =
Connect
Agent.  Both the schedules run OK >and backup the respective files as
required.  However, when the SQL scheduler service attempts to get the =
>next
schedule from the ADSM Server, it fails to do so.  The following errors =
appear
in the DSIERROR.LOG file >in the AGENTSQL directory:-

>ReadPswdFromRegistry(): RegOpenPathEx(): WIN 32 RC=3D2
>SessOpen: Error 137 from signon authentication
>
>I also get similar problems as described before when I manually use the =
SQL
connect agent to back up >databases.

>Reinstalling the SQL scheduler service resolves the problem as this =
seems to
reset the encrypted generated >password.

It appears that either the registry entry for the pswd for the SQL agent =
is
getting deleted or you are using
a different node name on subsequent queries for the schedule.   Please =
check
the following:

1. The node name in the SQL Agent dsm.opt file matches the one you =
specified on
the DSMCUTIL command.
     (actually, since you are using the /optfile parameter to specify =
the
option file to be used, you can omit the
      /node parameter and just use the nodename in the opt file)

2. After you install the scheduler for the SQL agent (but before a =
schedule
runs), can you successfully use the
    SQL agent manually (try using the cmd line interface to query the =
ADSM
server)?

3. Can you successfully use DSMCUTIL to show the password for the SQL =
Agent
node (DIL005_SQL in your
     example)?

If you verify all these items and continue to have problems, please =
provide
more details.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development