ADSM-L

New ADSM user question

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Subject: New ADSM user question
From: Ganesan Ravishanker [SMTP:ravishan AT WESLEYAN DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All

    We are successfully backing up several of our servers using the
scheduled backup that the server initiates. The procedure we have been
following is to define client nodes and associate them with the appropriate
schedule.

    This has been manageable for the 20 or so servers that we have at the
data center. However, we wish to extend this to over 700 remote users and
it is highly labor-intensive to do the abovementioned steps for each client
node.

    Question:

    o What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I presume one can write a
script containing the commands that do all these.

    o Is there a way to wild card the nodenames and associate them with the
schedules?

    Thanks.

Ravi

 << File: ATT00002.html >>