ADSM-L

Notification & Monitoring software

1998-04-13 12:00:25
Subject: Notification & Monitoring software
From: "Smith, Richard" <smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:00:25 -0500
ADSMer's,

        Let's get the technical info out of the way:

Server: OS/390 V3 R1
Clients: NT 4.0 V3 R1 L0.1, Novell Netware 3.x, 4.x V3 R1 L0.1

        We are badly in need of a software that monitors ADSM, and sends
out notifications when backup schedules don't run!!  Currently the only
way we find this out is the next morning when it's too late.  We could
also use it for other purposes such as monitoring the database capacity,
making sure the server is up, ect...  If anyone has any suggestions it
would be much appreciated.

        Currently, we are looking at a couple of products, Tivoli/Plus
and SAMS:Vantage DP.  Any comments on these software packages??

Thanks,
Rick Smith
Maritz, Inc.
Storage & Security Administration