ADSM-L

Re: Extending DB

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: Re: Extending DB
From: Trevor Foley [SMTP:Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Ben,

This is not the correct way to increase the size of the database and
sounds very dangerous to me. The correct procedure is to create new
database volumes, in your case of 500MB, and then define new volumes
(DEFINE DBVOLUME ... and DEFINE DBCOPY ...). If you really do want to
have one 1000MB volume, you would need to do a full db backup, shut down
the server, DSMFMT new 1000MB volumes, DSMSERV INSTALL (or for V3,
DSMSERV FORMAT) the new volume, DSMSERV RESTORE DB, start the server,
and finally define the mirror (DEFINE DBCOPY ...).

Trevor