ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?

1998-04-09 15:47:54
Subject: Re: ADSM/NT/SQL - how are you scheduling your backups?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:47:54 -0400
Mark,

It is probably time to initiate a call with IBM support.
We need to get some traces and logs to further diagnose.

A few other thoughts I had before you call support...

* I am assuming this is a restore of a FULL backup.
   If it is an incremental restore, the associated prior
   full and prior incremental(s) must be applied first.

* This isn't the master,  msdb, or temp database, is it?
    These databases have special needs.

* The prior "ANS0322E (RC306)" message is also bothering me.
    Check DSIERROR.LOG file (normally in the "agentsql" directory).
   There may have been a problem getting the backup object from the
   ADSM server for some reason.
   Do you have the "Wait for Tape Mounts" options checked?
   Is the object on tape?

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development
IBM Corporation