ADSM-L

ADSM on MVS CP

1998-04-09 09:45:32
Subject: ADSM on MVS CP
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:45:32 -0400
     Thanks to everyone who responded to my note about setting the dispatch
priority on ADSM in an MVS shop.  We have convinced our performance
managers to increase the setting here somewhat - from 2 to 5 - above batch
and 3rd period TSO, equal with CICS and DB2 - but still far below DFHSM and
TCP/IP.  Our situation has improved somewhat, but it appears as though the
real problem is that the system on which ADSM is running is pegged at 100%
on every day of the month.  So we are now looking at increasing the
capacity of the CPU.  Thanks again,

                         Ginny