ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM and DLT7000.

1998-04-08 14:50:34
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM and DLT7000.
From: Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 14:50:34 -0400
Hi Ken,
I have a similar config here: AIX 4.1.5 running the enhanced ADSM server 2.1.12
from Open Microsystems Inc. 9710 library with DLT7000's. If you are running 2.1
on were AIX, then it should be the Enhanced version. All the drivers were
developed by OMI (so that IS your third party driver!).

Anyways, my problem is that I have about 1/2 dozen tapes that are missed up.
There were written to correctly, but when ADSM went to read them to back them up
I/O errors started appearing. So far, hardware checks okay and we now suspect an
OMI driver problem. I was hoping that moving to V3, where the new drivers are
integrated into ADSM, would fix our problem.

Anyone have similar problems that conveniently disappeared when they moved to
V3?