ADSM-L

Re: Compression

1998-04-08 07:51:38
Subject: Re: Compression
From: Mike Garcia <mike.garcia AT CONPAPERS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 06:51:38 -0500
My understanding is that a client on NT with a small cpu will work harder
and I have a client on NT and attempted both compressed and non-compressed
on 2 different servers 1 with 32meg memory and 1 with 96 meg memory, both
transmitted to the main frame in approx. the same amount of time
with/without compression. I am new also and have not tested the restore as
of yet. Hope this helps.

Rob_Middleton AT CPR DOT CA on 04/07/98 04:39:13 PM