ADSM-L

Re: Large, slow backups/archives

1998-04-07 11:43:35
Subject: Re: Large, slow backups/archives
From: Lindsay Morris <lhmorris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:43:35 -0400
Don't let the disk pool fill up.
We see that normally migration will clean data off a disk pool a lot faster
than node backups put it on the disk pool.   So can you not set
highmigration=50, lowmigration=20 andthus make sure your disk pool never fills
up?  Migration will grab a tape drive every now and then when it drains the
disk pool to tape, but perhaps not for too long.

You might also consider using admin schedules to tweak the highmig and lowmig
parameters on the disk pool, to delay / encourage migration at different times
of the day.

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/07/98 10:29:20 AM