ADSM-L

Re: .snapshots help

1998-04-07 07:37:02
Subject: Re: .snapshots help
From: Michael Fink <Michael.Fink AT UIBK.AC DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:37:02 +0200
Andy Railbeck wrote,

> The problem is that the "exclude /.../nfs/user/c/.snapshot/.../*" is
> a subset
> of the "include /.../nfs/user/c/.../*". ADSM processes the > >
> include/exclude list
> from the bottom-up,  [...]

The real problem is that Carlos W Sielesky Jimenez is obviously trying
to back up a NetApp server, where the .snapshot directory contains
multiple images of the complete (!) directory tree at various times.
Simply excluding .snapshot-files will not stop ADSM from descending into
this directory hierarchy.

What you really want to do is to define /nfs-mountpoint/.snapshot
as a virtual mount point in the client system option file and to omit it
in the default domain. This did the job for me.

Sincerely,  Michael Fink