ADSM-L

Re: V3R1 Mac client

1998-04-04 14:52:08
Subject: Re: V3R1 Mac client
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:52:08 -0800
Fred,

Yes, I've noticed that as a problem - not sure why its doing it yet.
However, the PASSWORDACCESS = GENERATE capability has been extended to the
Mac client, so you can use this to automatically generate an encrypted
password that will get used automatically.  It works the same way as the
other clients.  You're GUI sessions won't require a password either.

Note that if you use the daemon, passwordaccess generate is required.

I hope to get the prompting problem fixed in the next PTF.

Cheers,
Brett

>    We've installed the V3R1 Mac client on a test machine and noticed what
>seems to be an unintentional change: when the scheduler is started, it asks
>for a password, as on V2, and goes to sleep; it appears that when it wakes
>up, it asks for the password again (in a darkened office, locked for the
>night).  Thus, the schedule fails, and the backup along with it.  The
>daemon is not being used.  Does this mean that we'll have to put the
>password in the preference file of every Mac with an installed client?
>
>Fred Johanson
>NSIT
>University of Chicago
>773-702-8464

  Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
  walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com         tie 276-0265
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller