ADSM-L

ADSM V3 and DRM

1998-04-04 06:04:25
Subject: ADSM V3 and DRM
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 06:04:25 -0500
Hello All,

We are in a planning phase of upgrading our present ADSM V2 environment to
ADSM V3.

Our present environment is such that we are running ADSM v2.1.0.13 on AIX
4.1.5 server along with enhaced ADSM v2.1.0.13 which required for the STK
library model 9710.  We have dedicated Solaris machine driving the STK
library running ACSLS software v 5.1.1.

Our upgrade plan is to install ADSM V3 on a new server running AIX 4.2.
Install ACSLS version 5.2 on the new server as well.  Since IBM is soon
announcing its support for STK 9710 we will not need enhanced ADSM for
this.

Anyone out there who has done such upgrade and who can assist us in the
planning, designing tips and identifying precautionary steps during the
upgrade.

We are also thinking of getting the ADSM DRM utility along with ADSM V3 as
well.  Anyone who has worked on the DRM and can give us a review will be
appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveed.