ADSM-L

Slow Stgp Backup

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: Slow Stgp Backup
From: Robert Jarry [SMTP:jarry AT UTS.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I am running a Backup Storage Pool for the first time and boy is that
puppy slow!  It has been running for 17 hours and it is still on the first
DLT. The primary pool is on a DLT 4700 and the copy pool is a single DLT
4000. Both devices are on the same scsi bus but I can't believe that would
cause it to run this slow. Only 49 GB, 189K files, have been backed up in
17 hours. There have been no errors, unreadable bytes, or unreadable
files.  The server is v2r1m12 running on AIX 4.1.5 on a R$0 (load avg
4.0).

Please, does anyone know how I can speed things up.

Thanks,
Robert

------
------
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Robert Jarry                             email:  r.jarry AT cc.utexas DOT edu
Unix Services                            phone:  (512) 475-9330
Academic Computing & IT Services
The University of Texas at Austin