ADSM-L

Re: Client recovery with the DRM

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: Re: Client recovery with the DRM
From: Dennis Piche
To: Eric van Loon
Thanks for the information Eric.

Have you tested this out on your NT server yet?
Please let me know how it goes.
ie How did the process differ from the OS/2 disaster recovery?

Eric van Loon wrote:

> Hello Eric,
> Hi Dennis!
> Could you give me a little bit of information about the five diskette =
feature.
> I will!
> Did you have to load the OS?
> In fact the 5 diskettes already contain an operating system: a very =
basic OS/2.
> When you boot from the disks OS/2 is started in the command prompt =
mode. Also adapter support and TCP/IP for OS/2 is loaded.
> Did you have to load ADSM?
> A special ADSM disaster recovery program is also automaticly started =
from the disks. This program allowes you to make disk dumps and dump =
restores. It does not use the DSMC application.

--
Dennis Piche (Altair Engineering Inc.)
Dennis Piche (Altair Engineering Inc.)