ADSM-L

Re: Backup through a Firewall

1998-04-02 06:04:47
Subject: Re: Backup through a Firewall
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:04:47 GMT
Replying to: Rauw Didier <Didier.Rauw AT ELECTRABEL DOT BE> (Tue, 31 Mar 1998
13:49:06 +0200)

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I would like to backup a IBM AIX machine that lies behind a firewall. The
>>problem is to be able to open the firewall to filter the communication
>>between the ADSM server and the machine behind the firewall. To do so, I
>>should be able to lock the TCP port used by the client and the server. Does
>>someone have experience with that ?

ADSM uses 1500 as the default port for client->server communicatuion. If
you're using SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED also uses port 1501. However, you can
specify any other port, by editing dsmserv.opt and dsm.opt. There is a text
file on the client instalation dir, options.doc, that explains most client
options.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,