ADSM-L

NT 4.0 Bare Metal Restore

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: NT 4.0 Bare Metal Restore
From: Don Burdette[SMTP:dburdett AT IX.NETCOM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
<<File: ATT00002.htm>>We are attempting to do a Bare Metal Restore of an =
NT4 server. We are using the redbook and followed the guide (reading =
between the few lines that were there) and have hit a snag. When we =
attempt to restore the first registry entries we get the following =
message:

ANS4104E Write access denied in trying to restore =
D:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM

We are not able to restore any of the registry files as per the =
instructions in the book. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?  Is =
there a procedure to follow than the one in the Redbook? =20

Thanks,

Don Burdette