ADSM-L

Re: It's too easy !

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: Re: It's too easy !
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/1/98 1:28PM
You are exactly right - it is way too easy, and has serious system integrity
issues in my mind.  Based on this one issue, I will not distribute V3 clients
until it is fixed, unless there is some very excruciating reason to do so.
Unfortunately, in the Macintosh area, OS8 support might be that reason......

ADSM development has agreed to change this design.  Unfortunately, there is
not an expectation on when we will see it.

I've beaten this horse enough here before.  If you want to talk about it
more, please feel free to email me directly.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    4/1/98 1:28 PM

     You didn't miss a thing.  This is being marketed as a FEATURE!  The
     gui ignores the domain parm in dsm.opt, but I've been told that the
     command line and scheduler do not (I'm not willing to try).

     If the gui's stay this way, then they're useless "cow droppings"

     I'm hoping someday the ADSM developers will recognize and admit this
     to be the major FLAW that it is, as opposed to adding menu bar items
     to do what the client is supposed to be doing in the first place!

     :-(

     Not just my opinions....