ADSM-L

Re: PTF for the V3 server for AIX?

1998-04-01 04:21:43
Subject: Re: PTF for the V3 server for AIX?
From: Klaus Dilper <Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 04:21:43 -0500
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:21:50 -0600, Larry Sanders wrote:

>This is for the IBM developers monitoring the list.
>
>When can we expect to see the next PTF for the V3 server for AIX?  It's
>been 5 months since the first PTF, with the initial release.  I've been
>waiting for the permanent fix for the reclamation problem, and I've also
>heard about problems related the use of a 3494 ATL.  Because of these
>problems, I've been reluctant to put V3 into production.  But the
>discontinuance of service for the V2 server is just 3 months away.
>
>For the customers out there, how many are running the V3 server for AIX in
>production?  Are you experiencing any problems?  Am I being overly
>cautious?
>
>Thanks,
>Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
>Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
>     Technology Services
>University of Missouri - Columbia

Larry,

IBM announced that PTF1 for V3 servers should be available on March, 27th.
In fact that we are an official mirror site of the index.storsys.ibm.com
server I would be very appreciated if somebody from the lab could confirm
us a new schedule.

Thanks,

Klaus
Klaus Dilper
Klaus Dilper
University of Karlsruhe
Computing Centre
InterNet: Klaus.Dilper AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
VoiceNet: +49-721-608-4040
FaxNet  : +49-721-32550
SnailNet: Box 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany