ADSM-L

Re: Error 27 using dsmfmt command (solved)

1998-03-31 11:41:03
Subject: Re: Error 27 using dsmfmt command (solved)
From: Tony White <tony.white AT GTRI.GATECH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:41:03 -0500
Andrew,

        Thanks for your prompt reply.  The problem you've outlined wasn't
exactly
our problem, but you did put us on the track.  And we might have hit that
one later, too.

Turns out than when my sysadmin built the AIX journaled file system for
/adsm/adsm1 and for /adsm/adsm2, he forgot to include the option that
allows "large files" (greater than 2 GB).  So *that* was the limit we were
running into.  We're going to work around the limit, rather than rebuild
the file systems; and just create a total of 4 backup volumes instead of
two.  Then we can still link them all together to form the backup pool.

Thanks -

Tony