ADSM-L

PTF for the V3 server for AIX?

1998-03-31 11:21:50
Subject: PTF for the V3 server for AIX?
From: Larry Sanders <sanders AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:21:50 -0600
This is for the IBM developers monitoring the list.

When can we expect to see the next PTF for the V3 server for AIX?  It's
been 5 months since the first PTF, with the initial release.  I've been
waiting for the permanent fix for the reclamation problem, and I've also
heard about problems related the use of a 3494 ATL.  Because of these
problems, I've been reluctant to put V3 into production.  But the
discontinuance of service for the V2 server is just 3 months away.

For the customers out there, how many are running the V3 server for AIX in
production?  Are you experiencing any problems?  Am I being overly
cautious?

Thanks,
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
     Technology Services
University of Missouri - Columbia