ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 SCO version on Linux

1998-03-30 18:28:35
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 SCO version on Linux
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:28:35 -0800
Andy Carlson [SMTP:andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG] wrote:
> Has anyone tried this yet?  I do not know anything about SCO, but the
> instructions say to run "custom".  The old SCO client was in a tar
> archive that could be used.  Thanks.

Inside the tar archive is a bunch of cpio files. Looks like you only need
the 4th one. Just copy the stuff from opt/K/IBM/... to "/usr/adsm". Make
sure you tar up your old adsm dir though: I was unable to get the new
version to run w/ the version of IBCS2 I have on FreeBSD. Dunno if Linux
uses the same IBCS2 codebase. It complained about an incomatible ELF
format.

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's